Slaanesh Chaos Warriors (Slaanesh-cast!)

I wanted a bit of a cleanser after painting the last batch of Albions and whilst starting to build up the next selection of humans. I got a number of odds and ends for Slaanesh for Christmas to bulk out the models I got as part of the recent AoS starter set mixed with the Dark Elf/daughters of Khaine. This won't be a huge project, just a handful of units, mostly the daemonette stuff I just wanted to paint for fun. But I didn't want to use up the old chaos warriors for this, as I've already got some partially done for a mortal nurgle army and wanted something different for Slaanesh, more greed & excess than the standard 'spikes & tentacles & whips' that warhammer chaos tends to show.

There are a few things that need finishing on these; I'd not decided on a colour for the hammer shafts as I wanted something there that would break up the colours a bit more but didn't want to add too much more to the scheme. I've left the daemonette eyes, as I'll decide on them when I paint the unit of actual daemonettes and I need to finish the basing, couldn't decide if I wanted to stick with Chaos wastes/grey all over or do something else for the none flagstone part. The helmet horns are still drying from the wash here as well, so they will get a bit of touch up later too.

I was going to add the blue-green colour of the gems inside of the little triangle things on the hammers, but this felt like it would be even more work and I wanted to knock these models out quickly and keep clearing back log. I can always go back and add stuff like this over the summer.

I've also got some old decals for finishing off her shield, but that involves digging around in the storage area and I'm not really feeling up for that today!

I'm still getting used to my new phones camera, its incredibly harsh on my paint jobs right now! The daemonettes skin is much lighter than that and the colour transition on the shield is a lot softer in real life, especially with the dark section near the top!



I really liked converting these models but it was slow to get them basecoated, there are some horrid design choices on how the were modelled. I think the flagstone bases they come with are nice but they are a total pain to fix up enough to use on my usual mdf bases, I'm not looking forward to having to clean up another batch of them later on. I regret not taking off the leaves from the stones, as I've no idea how to paint them now, I'm honestly tempted to go with a snow theme so I can hide them! Cleaning that shield up was mission, took me ages to get it nice and smooth after shaving off all the AoS iconography! Obviously the basing I've fit them on here makes them a much larger footprint than normal chaos warriors would have, so they may end up just sitting on the shelf than being gamed with, but that's a problem for worrying about another day!


Comments