Paint Log II

I finished a river troll for my skirmish warband just before armies on parade a couple of weeks ago, but sadly things got in the way of entering, but I do gain another bunch of fully painted models, so it's not like it was wasted time! My warband is not far off having a couple of completed, AoS sized units! I might have to make that final push to finish off another bunch of grots! I was pleased to finally paint the troll up though, he was brought, built and given a base about 20 years ago now and has sadly sat in his unfinished state since that day. I adore his snotling chum, who is clearly having a good laugh at 'the one that got away', but he needs to watch out, as laughing at a troll too much can leave you looking like lunch!

Also finished off a not very fancy or difficulty conversion of a mountain Grot and another base of snotlings. The mountain grot just needs to be pinned to the base as he's still on blutac (I was toying with doing a different basing style for the mountain grots, but decided against it as I want to be able to mix and match between them seamlessly)

I will probably go back and add another couple of layers of water effects to the trolls base, quite a bit of it managed to escape through a pin hole gap that formed after pouring. It looks ok, but one side it far higher than the other. I brought some much better tape and intend to at least even the level of the water out.

 IMG_20180910_160353.jpg.f519ee9979cb69895774294217263681.jpgIMG_20180910_160511.jpg.19372861482d1c57cf0f069af8a4128c.jpg

Comments