Catch Up Post #5: Testing Paint Schemes for Oathmark Goblins And Albion War Elephant

 My painting frenzy hit a full stop today. I tried a test scheme out for the oathmark goblins (I got a big box of STUFF arrive at the weekend!) but I just couldn't make it work. I tried to avoid the bright greens of my other goblin army, instead wanting something more gritty but it just felt flat. When I highlighted the skin up again it just lost all feeling of being green and the brown rags/leather took way too long for the masses of models I have to paint. The reds came out nice, even if they don't quite match the shield transfers I got to go with some of them. 

I took the feedback I received from the facebook group and attempted another goblin, this time following a youtube guide for a LotRs board game goblin and was far happier with the outcome. Not enough to commit to the whole army, but closer to a grittier version I wanted. This 2nd version is also way quicker to paint, mostly done with a zenithal highlight and some washes/thin paint. 

I also had a huge supply drop from Victrix minis yesterday, which means I now have the main parts for my Albion warhost! (also sneaked in some huscarls to go with my Lewis Collins kickstarter minis I've not done anything with yet!)  I've been wanting to do this army for years so I couldn't wait to get stuck into it so, so I started working on my first conversion parts for the war elephant and putting together the first unit so I can do some more colour tests! 


 

Comments