Catch up Post #6- Naked Albion Fanatics and War Elephant WIP

 Did some more building work this afternoon and then took a break from cleaning mould lines to paint some skin tests. I've never really liked painting human skin and the thought of having to paint 200+ skinful humans is daunting. I needed a skin recipe that I both liked & could knock out very quickly. The one I tried earlier in the year was very quick but a real pain if you need to fix a mistake or slip up. The one I tried today takes a little longer to do, with an additional extra colour, but I can probably do the skin on 5 of these in an hour including drying time. I thinks that's good enough for me and it's a little closer to how I'd do my skin on something like a dwarf or armoured empire chap, so they should mix together well! 

I had to add a 'Modesty Box' to the photo as I shared it on a painting group, where the folk there get faint at even the slightest hint of ankles!

The final weeks of the college term and working from home has me loosing sleep on getting my final reports in, but managed to paint up my Albion war elephant last weekend! Still needs a couple of details finishing (I missed the toenails and not decided on eye colour yet!) and the base still needs painting! But he's almost ready for war! No oathmark rules for him yet, but he's ready for when chariot rules get their release later this year! 



 

Comments