Skragnit: The Great Goblin King of Albion!

I'm still messing about with some of the detailing, but I've converted a new model for my Goblins; The great goblin king of Albion. 

Riding to battle on a stolen chariot, which is pulled by his loyal (and rather well fed and fattened) wolves, Gristle & Viscera, and accompanied by Smaksak his Snotling hornblower & standard bearer. Skragnit, the Great Goblin King of Albion has summoned the most loyal of his Wolf Lords and is preparing to move against his enemies. The Dwarves. and the Elves. And the Humans. And the Vampire Lords. And the Lords of Chaos. And the other Greenskins. Oh, and that goblins that looked at 'im funny last night. In fact, pretty much anyone and everyone in Albion.





I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to paint him. I've gotten kind of comfortable with my painting style in recent years, enough so that I've been happy with the results. But I was looking over some of the old Warseer WFB logs last night and I had a huge ping of nostalgia seeing all the old style painting. The more gritty, realistic (well, as realistic as you can be for fantasy!) look has always alluded me and I've tried many times to capture it in my own painting and falling way short. I've been mulling over old, old copies of White Dwarf and I just can't work out how to imitate that old chaotic looking style. But I'd love to bring a more gritty paint scheme into this model. (This would come at the risk at wanting to repaint my more cartoony styled goblins!)

I have another copy of the gloomspite boss and whilst I was originally going to give him the Necromunda treatment, I will probably make another version of the Goblin King on Foot. In fact, it's likely I will buy another starter set and end up with a 3rd as well so will end up with a mounted squig version as well! 

Comments