Oathmark Goblins- WIP

 I've worked my way through about 8 different colour schemes for the oathmark goblins now. I've tried everything in the green-grey range up to the bright cartoony green as I'd done with my GW goblins. None of them seem to work for me. The green-grey schemes had that Middle Earth orc theme that suits these sculpts so well, but I found they just didn't stand out on the table top or next too my other oathmark armies. The bright green didn't work at all, it just doesn't suit the monstrous look that these goblins have.

One of my previous posts showed the version I did with the zenithal undercoat and with thin paint and washes. It was super quick to do, even quicker than my speed scheme for my Albions, but it was massively difficult to correct any mistakes and again I didn't feel like it fit in with the rest of my oathmark armies, it looks rather out of place compared to my usual style of painting.

But I think I've finally settled on this version, it's still close to the green-grey I was originally aiming for but still stands out really well at distance. It's pretty quick to paint (though not as quick as the wash version) but any mistakes can be painted over very easily! 


Being quick to paint is definitely a necessity now, I've just shy of 300 to paint now!

Comments